Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bazooka... Joe?

 

The group breaks just keep on coming. This particular one, courtesy of Juuust a Bit Outside, featured the 2003 Bazooka set among other things. I didn't have many of these cards, so it fit nicely for my needs.


There's something really off about Bazooka Joe's physique here. Really off. I think there was a Bazooka Joe card for each and every team, which just spreads the weirdness all around. Okay, I'm just going to come out and say it: Bazooka Joe was a slender lady with Popeye arms and big legs.


Like the 2006 Bazooka set that I've gone on and on about, the 2003 version also had 4-in-1 sticker cards. This one features two Cardinals and a future Cardinal.


I had never heard of Mike Wodnicki before receiving this card, which is always fun. A quick Google search finds that Wodnicki was a 16th round pick in 2001 who never made it past AA.


This was a dark day, indeed. Despite celebrating a title claimed in the previous postseason, it would be the last game Chris Carpenter would start for 17 months. It was also the start of a really depressing season, the final in Cardinals gear for such staples as David Eckstein, Scott Rolen and Jim Edmonds. Call it the Kip Wells era, if you will.


Finally, here is one of the throw-ins in the package. I think this might actually be an Ozzie card I didn't own before, which is great. I have no idea what it is, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.