Monday, December 7, 2020

More Same Team Swaps, Please


Another batch of Cardinals extras from a Cardinals collector. 
 
I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 Cardinals cards that I don't need. They're dupes, as we call them. This is why it's always exciting to find someone who collects my favorite team and either has an up-to-date want list or uses TCDB to document their collection. (I do both!) I have been able to to unload a few stacks of Cardinals cards over the past year or two to All Cardinals All the Time, who I'm sure was appreciative of being to unload some of his doubles onto me. Such is the life of the external baseball card exchange.


It's the famous Terry Bradshaw! Well, nah, it's just a Terry Bradshaw. I suppose if you get paid to play sports professionally, though, that does make you a little famous.


If you want to feel like an old person, just say things along with the line of "Topps Gold... they sure don't make 'em like they used to" and then repeat that sentiment dozens of times for years on end on the internet. I am going to try to come up with some new material next year, I promise.


Here's a strange one in that I couldn't find it in the TCDB database. I'll have to look again. It's easy to get lost in that website even if you know what you're doing.


I wasn't fond of Topps Fire this year, which seems to be more the norm rather than the exception. It turns out that 2019 was the weird outlier, and I can't even explain why I liked that design. Maybe I just like huge block letters. In any case, I still need a bunch of stuff from this set if you've got anything laying around.


Autographs and memorabilia cards of lesser known players are always appreciated here at Cards on Cards. While Tom Herr isn't exactly an obscure player, I don't have many of his cards beyond the common junk wax era stuff. I wish there were more sets like the old Fleer Greats of the Game line. Topps has their Fan Favorites, which are cool, but they're stuck in the Autographs portion of the Archives set.

If you or anyone you know has a need for thousands of extra Cardinals cards (or even just a few), feel free to let me know.

6 comments :

  1. I went ahead and added the checklist for that All-Star Fan Fest set to the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herr was a legit starter.

    Now I need to get a Terry Bradshaw card for my Names collection.

    My experience of the Arch (Slaughter card) is being stuck in a traffic jam next to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Herr. As cool as it is to add a Pujols jersey card or Molina bat card... I'd much rather own something like that Herr. I'm going to guess he only has a handful of memorabilia cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be interested in any extra Albert Pujols Cardinals cards you may have sitting around. He is one of my top player collections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are most welcome. I have about 2000 doubles myself that are slowing dwindling down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tommy Herr? Google here I come...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.