Friday, July 1, 2022

Off We Go


My first TCDB trade was with a familiar face, so to speak. 
 
I wanted to thank everyone for their feedback on my topic about trading on TCDB, both on Twitter and through the blog. I've barely scratched the surface as far as what all I need to enter into the database for wants and haves, but I'm already three trades deep. The first cards arrived this afternoon from Mr. Haverkamp, who is a friend of the blog and frequent contest entrant.


I picked up a couple of Mickey Mantle cards to fill out some set needs. Mantle went from overexposed with his Topps deal to underutilized with his Panini deal. I wonder how long that Panini contract runs for, because I don't know if they're going to continue to make baseball cards in any capacity beyond this year.


This is my first Roman Emperors mini from the 2007 Allen & Ginter set. I wasn't even aware of Allen & Ginter until this blog started in 2008, so I have quite a few needs from the first two revival sets.


A couple of the old Fleer/Laughlin World Series cards were thrown in as a bonus. These weren't officially on my want list but they were definitely needed. I think there's at least a few different printings of this set. These ones are from the 1971 "black back" version.

I probably won't post about every TCDB trade I complete (I admire those of you who can find the time to do that), but I plan to keep at it as long as it makes sense to. I'm still going to be trading through the blog as well. If you do use the site, you can check out my profile here.

6 comments :

  1. I'm probably about 90 percent complete in uploading my collection to TCDB. I've told myself I won't trade on there until inventorying is done. But I don't know how much I'll do there outside of known bloggers. There seems to be some trading frustration there that I've avoided on the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just completed my 100th trade on TCDB. mrhaverkamp was No. 38. And I still have tons more to add to My Collection, Want list and FS/T list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Haverkamp is a great guy. I ran into him last weekend at a card show and we talked cards for a few minutes. I'm gonna have to look up his TCDB wantlist, because he always gives me some stuff... but I don't have anymore Schmidts he needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I'm on there as 'thelostcollector' if there's anything I have that you need. I don't have a ton listed in terms of wantlist and trade bait, but feel free to take a peek if you want to keep it 'in the family'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to let me know when you start uploading all of your ex-Blazers duplicates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post thank you Derek

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.