Friday, February 11, 2011

Airbrushed Fridays: 2010 Bowman Draft Prospects #BDPP28

How do I know that baseball season is just around the corner? I've received no less than four fantasy league invitations in the past few days. Exciting!

Seth Blair was a first round supplemental draft pick of the St. Louis Cardinals last year. He did not pitch professionally last season.

Why did Topps airbrush Seth's photo? It seems really, really stupid to do anything to a prospect's photo when it's common knowledge that they've never taken the field for the big league club. Prospect cards in general are a little beyond me in terms of usefulness anyway, but I still collect them if they are Cardinals-related, of course. My guess is that Blair could only be found in his college uniform, and Topps probably did not have the rights to show it. My how things have... devolved... over time.

What's wrong with this picture, anyway? The entire outfit is from some sort of alternate universe. The Cardinals never wear their navy blue caps with the home white unis, and the home white unis do not have those lines on them... ever. This looks like a uniform combo designed by a bored developer for a video game that has no base in reality.

If you are interested in obtaining a card featured here - but not this one - please send me an e-mail. If you have a card you would like to nominate for Airbrushed Fridays, please get in touch as well. I will require that I am able to see the card in person, either on loan or as a donation, so that I can examine the card and experience it in all its cruddiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.