Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Guys You're Stuck Collecting


You can't collect sets without collecting cards of players you loathe.

I'm a big fan of the Opening Day Stars inserts of the past several years, so I'm trying to collect them all. I don't know why I enjoy collecting things so much. I will put them in little plastic pockets in a binder and I may flip through the binder a few times, so I guess it's better than putting together a set and stuffing it in a box that it barely fits in, never to be seen again. There is some limited satisfaction in completion. But when you're stuck collecting cards of guys you can't stand like Ryan Braun or Brandon Phillips, just to knock off some numbers from a list, you really have to wonder if you're completely right in the head.

I guess what I'm saying is, send me an email or leave a comment if you're up for a trade. There are a lot of sets that I need help with. And I like the Cardinals, too.

Thanks to ATBATT for the ugly jerkface stupid Braun card, too.

3 comments :

  1. I couldn't believe it when I pulled this d-bag out of Opening Day blaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am willing to trade some Opening Day inserts to you. Which ones are you trying to collect this year? Send me an email on facebook and we can talk it over. That is the best way to reach me anymore. Thanks. Tim

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.