Monday, January 25, 2016

Cheap Group Breaks Are Good


There needs to be more of these.

I can be a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to spending on baseball cards. When I'm looking at committing to something that costs more than a blaster, that's when I take pause. Fortunately, Tracy's Box Breaks puts on a good affordable group break from time to time, and I was able to take part this time around.


I don't usually spend money on Panini's baseball stuff because it's unlicensed and just a tad bit unsatisfying. However, if I know that all of the cards I'm spending on are going to be Cardinals cards, I'm willing to bend the rules a little bit.


This year's black Allen & Ginter "X" release seemed unnecessary and just a bit silly. Still, while I'm not collecting this weird excuse for a set, I do need the Cardinals. (Not pictured: some turncoat who isn't on the team anymore.)


Sideways Sutter, just because. It's not like this shot was demanding a wide angle or anything.


I don't totally understand the story behind this set. Technically every player is a hero to his "hometown", i.e. the city his team plays in and represents.


This was a really cool toss-in, a die cut for my Wainwright collection. Apparently this was from a National Convention set.


Willie! Of course, the nicest looking unlicensed cards are the ones where they need to do the least amount of Photoshopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.