Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Keeping the Cubs Fans at Bay


Fresh out of Cubs cards, thanks to @TwitchWasHere (not that I mind.)

I can complain about pulling Cubs all I want, but I will never run out of fiends clawing at my door, ready to get their sweet, sweet fix of the blue stuff. Sheesh. Twitch sent over a bunch of nice Cardinals and Blazers goodies and all he got was a lousy PWE to keep him at bay until next month when I can hopefully get back to picking up cards again.


Kid Reyes has arrived on the scene, a bit earlier than expected, thanks to some maladies in the starting rotation and his initial success in the Cardinals pen. He throws hard and fast (aren't those the same things?) and has crazy talent.


This is my first card of the mighty Nut Oven, who toiled in the minors in obscurity for a bit before getting the early season call to the big league roster. This is also a Donruss Chrome card (aka Panini Donruss Optic) which is just confusing, but it looks alright so I'm going to allow it.


I was really happy to get my hands on this, as these retail only All-Star Game inserts seem to be a bit hard to come by, at least when I look.


The big baller card of the lot was this low numbered card of the Wizard. Nice!


Twitch hooked me up with some Blazers as well, because that's my jam. Pat Connaughton was drafted as a major league pitcher but is giving hoops a chance. Sure, why not? He's infinitely less likely to have Tommy John surgery this way, at least. That doesn't sound like a pleasant one.


Rookie year Sabas going up against rookie year Ben Wallace. This is great.


Biggie Smalls himself, the Mighty Mouse... Damon Stoudamire.

2 comments :

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.