Monday, August 1, 2016

Wheelin' and Dealin'


There's no trade deadline at Cards on Cards. 

It's been 6 days since an Upton Trade and the non-waiver trade deadline has already passed. Still, there's plenty of time for trades (and trade posts!) here at Cards on Cards central. The King of Content (and reigning champion of most bubble mailers sent to SE Portland), Night Owl, sent over some 2016 Heritage needs and extra Cardinals goodies.


Injuries have been a thing this season for the Cardinals batters. It's not an affliction like the one seen haunting the Dodgers pitching staff or anything, but it's been one thing after another. Matt Carpenter should be back soon, but Jhonny Peralta has been back on the DL for a bit and surprise rookie star Aledmys Diaz just joined the dreaded list of disabled.


As previously mentioned in this space, I snagged a bunch of the Cardinals from this year's Diamond Kings set, but I definitely did not have this Stan the Man insert.


I had to do a little research on this one. (And by "little research", I mean I typed a couple of words into Google.) Apparently this Bazooka-style comic of Simba was from a 1979 Topps test issue, with the baseball star comics printed on the familiar waxy Bazooka paper. I wonder what other Cardinals can be found in this set. This is easily my favorite card-thing of the lot.


This ticks a box. Really, any Yadier Molina card is a big help, since in many cases I am trying to get two or three copies of each into this household because I am not sane.

Thanks again to Night Owl!

2 comments :

  1. There's only 33 "cards" in the Comics set, and given the state of the Cardinals at the time, I'm guessing Simmons is the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Diamond Kings cards look pretty impressive for an unlicensed set.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.