Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Handoff


Cards were exchanged. 

Gavin of Baseball Card Breakdown recently worked out the rare in-person card exchange with me, as we met up like business people during the hustle and bustle of the workday. (Actually, it was more of a handoff, as I hadn't quite put together something worthwhile to give back.) The longer I've been doing this blog/collecting/internet thing, the more I've veered towards sending random piles of cards to people catered to their interests rather than fuss over the minutiae of working out exactly who is getting what. For that reason, it's always nice to get an assortment of stuff that I hadn't counted on receiving. Surprises are great, etc.


Stupid Topps, can't even spell Carlos right. OH I GET IT. Actually, this isn't nearly as bad as some of the stuff they've pulled with Triple Threads. As a huge fan of the Tsunami man, I definitely appreciate this low-numbered multi-jersey card.


I bought a blaster of this weird Panini UO set from 2015 and managed to get the whole base set and many (most?) of the inserts, but I don't think I pulled this one. Ifo is one of my all-time favorite Ducks, and as far as I'm concerned there aren't nearly enough of his cards in the world.


I feel like this year is the best I've done as a Heritage collector, probably due in part to my constant nagging and pleading on this blog to get people to send me their extras. Kipnis is a short print in the regular (non high number) version of this set. His team is really good. They will probably win the World Series, although I did place some virtual bets on the Cubs because of my bold prediction here the other day.


Luke Weaver looked great this year, even taking into account the bumps he ran into in his last two appearances of the season. I think you can put him down for a rotation spot in 2018.


John Tudor should probably end every post here, just like he capped off his career: perfect. This is his state-stamped parallel from the 2013 Panini Hometown Heroes set.

2 comments :

  1. Glad you like. I know I owe you cards and will try to arrange another handoff sometime this month to balance the scales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gavin's a great trade pal. Neat you were able to meet up in person!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.