Monday, October 15, 2018

The Rest of the Pizza


Hey, I finished a set! 

On the eve of the new NBA season, I can announce that I'm finally done with a set. Okay, sure, sure... it's a six card set. Back in May, I showed off an eBay pickup where I bought 4 of the 6 cards from the Blazers Papa Murphy's set (a single season item released in 2015-16). I had never seen the remaining two cards pop up online until the other day, when I was to pick up the missing pieces. Admittedly, I spent way too much money on cards that were given away for free with a reasonably priced take-'n-bake pizza, but I'm a big sucker for regional food issues (and the Blazers, obviously.)


I assume that Dame has watched a few more flicks since Straight Outta Compton came out. He and the team will get a crack at the Spurs in their second game of the season this Saturday. I will be there!


The elusive Lillard card made since, considering that he's one of the top players in the league (first team all-NBA in 2017-18!), but not being able to find Meyers Leonard was a little perplexing. Leonard enters his seventh season, the longest tenured Blazers -- in a tie with Damion Lillard, of course.

Is The Blacklist still on the air? I always meant to give it a shot.

---

Finally, in much sadder news, Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen passed away today. He also owned the Seattle Seahawks, and had a lasting legacy in the tech world, music, research and philanthropy. He had owned the Blazers for 30 years and was only the team's second owner. He may have been an eccentric billionaire, but he was our eccentric billionaire. (And, you know, Seattle's.) I was hoping to find a basketball card somewhere with the man on it, but we'll have to settle for this (unfortunately watermarked) picture of him rockin' out on guitar instead.


RIP, Mr. Allen.

2 comments :

  1. I was shocked when I got the notification from the NBA app. Really sad news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool food issue set. I like the design. Pretty sure The Blacklist is still on the air. It's a solid show. Still need to catch up on Netflix. I was pretty bummed to hear about Paul Allen. Didn't even realize he was battling cancer. Sad day for Seahawks fans.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.