Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Going for Gold


Chasing more framed autographs with @midwestboxbreak and Topps Gold Label. 
  
I don't usually get sucked into any particular product all too often, but I apparently can't help myself when it comes to Topps Gold Label. After scoring a couple of the framed autographs for my team collection in previous breaks, I bought into an 8 box PYT (Pick Your Team) break from Midwest Box Breaks for a very reasonable price.


Paul Goldschmidt is the guy whose autograph continues to elude me, although it still makes me wonder why I decided to be into collecting signatures of dudes in the first place. It's really not my thing. I did snag a couple of unsigned Goldschmidt needs, with a Class 2 and a Class 3 Black entering my collection.


After previously getting a KK auto and a Junior Fernandez auto, this Rangel Ravelo was new to me. There's 4 Cardinals in the set in total, so you now know who exactly I'm missing.


Hey, it's... another Rangel Ravelo? Not bad. His signature is a little bit different here as compared to the previous card.


And for good measure, I ended up with another Junior Fernandez framed auto. Three Cardinals autographs out of eight boxes? That's definitely beating the odds, especially when this is a set with only one expected auto per box.


Midwest Box Breaks throws in some bonuses for new people, which is really nice (and probably encourages people to come back!) I had actually bought into at least one of their breaks in the past, but the only one I could find in my records was from back in August 2019. In any case, it's really nice when you get something extra that you weren't expecting.


These two Twins cards (they're not actual twins, that would be weird) will be heading to the trade box, which is looking more like a box and a pile these days. I should probably get a little more reorganizing done around here.

1 comment :

  1. I doubt if there will be a shortage of Ravelo or Fernandez autos anytime soon. I think Topps put them in every product. I will say the Gold Label autos look the best.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.