- First off, there are two ways to win. The grand prize will go to the person who enters my group via Yahoo (entry deadline has now passed) and wins the group. This will consist of an array of baseball junk wax that I have accumulated, plus a couple of team bags of cards from your favorite team (more along the lines of stuff I would normally trade people) and more.
- You do not have to deal with Yahoo, however, if you want to win. If you don't have a Yahoo account and don't feel like signing up, or if you just don't care all that much about college football but want a chance to win free junk, there is an alternate contest here. Second prize goes to the person who correctly predicts who gets the most picks correct, myself or Erin. As a tiebreaker, you will also need to pick the score (i.e. how many games Erin picks correctly vs. how many games Kerry picks correctly.) This prize will consist of many of the above things I mentioned, but your overall prize pack will be slightly less substantial.
- You can enter both contests if you'd like, but you will only be eligible for one (the better) prize in case you win both.
- There will also be a "prize" for whoever does the worst in the Yahoo group. (No tanking it, AJ.)
- Things to keep in mind: Yahoo has their own scoring system, which not only takes into account what teams you pick but also how much "confidence" you have in your picks. You can rank each game according to how confident you are. You also need to submit a prediction for the final score of the title game. It doesn't appear that there are any settings available for me to customize, unlike Yahoo's fantasy leagues, so we are going to abide by Yahoo's scoring system for the grand prize.
- Finally, if your e-mail address is not in your Yahoo profile and you would not necessarily expect me to recognize your Yahoo ID or pick set name, please e-mail me as soon as possible with your Yahoo ID and/or pick set name so that I know who to award the prizes to should you win.
Consider this the official contest game form for submitting your predictions for the second prize.
Once again, the deadline to enter is prior to the first bowl game on Saturday 12/19. I believe Yahoo lets you change your picks anytime as long as a game has not started, so that is perfectly acceptable, but to be eligible for any of the prizes you must join the group or leave your Kerry v. Erin predictions here before any of the games have kicked off.
Also, a big thanks to Tim of the Great Sports Name Hall of Fame for providing the Jairus Byrd card. It's a great shot of Jairus from last year's Holiday Bowl. Byrd is setting the NFL on fire with his skills this year and I've been enjoying every minute of it. Well, that is, every minute of the highlights, since we don't exactly get Buffalo games on TV on the west coast.