Tuesday, July 24, 2012

30 Teams in 30 Posts: #4


We're nearing the end of the "30 Teams" road, with just three posts left to go after this one. The last post is going to be a doozy, believe me! I have something in the works to continue to trade bait theme of these posts that will last quite awhile, and hopefully it will help some people fill some holes in their collections as well as move me closer to my goal of purging a lot of cards and becoming more active in trading here in the second half of 2012.



This is where the countdown of my favorite teams in order really starts to veer from reality based on how long it's been (almost two years) since I started this feature. I'm not sure how Tampa Bay got ranked so high. They're fine, but I never go out of my way to watch their games. They need a new stadium, certainly.

Favorite current Rays player: B.J. Upton. It was hard to think of someone here, to be honest. I remember Upton getting hot in the playoffs a few years back. I guess I haven't seen nearly as many American League games this year as I have in the past when I was really excited about watching players on my fantasy league teams.



Leave favorite current Rays player: Luke Scott. Ugh, that guy is the worst. Have I picked him before, when he was on someone else's roster? I probably have. Luke Scott deserves the double dose of worsts.


Favorite Rays player of all-time: Fred McGriff. Ah, what the hell... I picked him last week and I am picking him again this week. Tampa Bay's franchise has had a relatively short lifespan, so McGriff's 4+ seasons with the team are good enough for me.


Least favorite Rays player of all-time: Esteban Yan. This guy was a laughing stock of a player who seemed to hang around for awhile because a dreadful Devil Rays team let him close some games in the early years of their existence. The Cardinals turned to him during the desperation of the 2003 season (better known as the "3 Nights in August" season) with predictably terrible results.

The Tampa Bay Rays have a techno dance party at #4 in my reverse-ranking of favorite teams as of the moment I picked them a long, long time ago on October 4th, 2010. All of these cards are very much up for trade, so please contact me if you're interested. 

3 comments :

  1. Rays fan here. Really enjoy your posts. I don't have a blog but would like to make a trade with you if you'd like. I have a few Cardinals cards. I could send you what I have and you could come up with what you think is appropriate Rays cards. Anyway, let me know what you think. Thanks. My name is Daniel Mathews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also noticed portland trailblazers and oregon ducks. I could include these teams as well. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Just send me an email and we can exchange addresses.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.