Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Words Fail, So I'm Showin' Off


The Blazers won and I don't have much to say, so let's look at some baseball cards.

I bought some more cards from COMC recently as I mentioned the other day, and I figured this was as good of a time as any to take a look at some of the stuff I snagged for my various player collections (PCs as the kids say).


This just looks like your ordinary old base Heritage card that I probably have five of, but you'd be a fool to think I'd need another one of those.


Huzzah! It's a black one. It has the cartoon all inked out for you in red, too. Now that this set has been out for awhile, I should probably go after more of the Venezuelan parallels since the prices have calmed down.


This card is ugly. I'm not even going to lie.


This is a little better, but I feel like there were a lot of plain white dominated Upper Deck designs from 10 or so years ago. The white jersey swatch makes for a bit of a boring card. I should mention that most of these memorabilia cards cost me around $2 or so.


This ended up being one of the more interesting jersey acquisitions. The card is a little smaller than normal and has a faux-perforated edge that didn't come out in the scan at all. Oh well.


This was probably my favorite of the Edmonds purchases, mostly because of my affinity for bat cards (and not so much because of Jimmy's frost-tipped hair.)


There's a base, and a ball, and some metallic background stuff going on. Okay.


Somehow I didn't already own the Gold parallel version of Edmonds' Topps rookie card. Now I do. And it was really cheap. I should probably buy singles more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.