Tuesday, June 2, 2015

I Traded with Nachos Grande


And all I got was this lousy t-shirt. (Not pictured: the t-shirt)

I'm almost caught up with March's packages, which means I shouldn't be typing the words "caught up" at all. From longtime blogger Nachos Grande came a trading first for me: I got something functional and wearable from him in the form of a (not actually lousy) Cardinals t-shirt. As a die hard Reds fan, I can only imagine that this was used as a snot rag in his household. I would show it off, but it's buried somewhere within my laundry pile at the moment, so you'll just have to imagine what it looks like (not like this).


Chris also sent cards along with the shirt, including a handful of the good guys including this Rick Sutcliffe 1994 Fleer Ultra you see here. A lot of strange veteran names passed through the Cardinals roster during the mid '90s, like Ron Gant, Gary Gaetti, Eric Davis, Jeff Brantley, Danny Jackson, Tom Henke and, of course, Rick Sutcliffe.


The bulk of this trade was a much needed pile of 2013 Allen & Ginter cards. I don't know why, but I never put much of a dent in the Across the Years insert set. I guess it must be huge.


I already had the Ozzie Smith short print card for my The Wizard collection, but I needed a second copy for the set. Now I have it! Nice.


Thanks to this trade, I'm now more clothed than ever, and I only need 3 more One Little Corner cards!

1 comment :

  1. About a week ago I received my own shirt from a different person. I'd say it was a good trade for me, Cardinals gear out - other stuff in!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.