Monday, March 21, 2016

Gobs of Ginter


A pile of 2015 Ginter rolls in, plus a March Radness update. 

It was a crazy week for March Radness! It's easy to say that every year, but this year seemed especially nuts. Many people's darling pick to win it all (Michigan State) went down in the first round. Texas got beat by a half court prayer. Bill Murray got sad. A team somehow blew a 12 point lead with 44 seconds to go. But all four #1 seeds advanced to the Sweet Sixteen, and a few of your brackets survived as well.

Our leader, Ohio Blue Devil, had the top scores in the first two rounds but sadly fell victim to the Michigan State Plague and is likely to finish out of the running. Tied for second place is RoyalsRandoms and the cryptically named espn28013321, with the former having the overall edge in total number of potential points still available. Meanwhile, Splinter_9 is bringing up the rear, having selected the blog favorite Oregon to go all the way (they still might!) but not finding a lot of luck elsewhere in other regions. (For some moronic reason, I wimped out and picked Michigan State. I didn't feel great about it at the time and I still don't, for obvious reasons.)


But we're also here to talk about cards, and that's where this pile of 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter cards from Nachos Grande comes in. In addition to providing my requisite set bound copies of my favorite players like Matt Holliday and Adam Wainwright, I also got my very first Mike Mills trading card. Mills is one of my favorite musicians, holding it down for R.E.M. for decades. He's currently involved with The Baseball Project, which I highly recommend if you like good music and baseball (and I know you like baseball.)


Waino is more of a country guy as far as I know, but I'm going to leave this video here. Check out Mills & co. doing a number about another former Atlanta Brave, the great Portland native Dale Murphy.

1 comment :

  1. "Tied for second place is RoyalsRandoms and the cryptically named espn28013321, with the former having the overall edge in total number of potential points still available."

    That's the kind of result I can get behind! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.