Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Fantasy Basketball, Anyone?


Trying to gauge interest on potentially starting up a league. 

I know I have a few hoops fans among my readers, and while I'm a longtime fantasy baseball player I haven't tried basketball in awhile. I'd like to change that this year. Unless there's already a card blogger-type league going that needs an extra member or two, I'm considering starting something up for this season. Let me know if you might be interested. If I do set it up, I'll likely do a 10-team league and it will be free, though I'll probably do a reward similar to my Bowl Pick 'Em and March Radness contests to reward players for paying attention all season long.

Thoughts? Concerns? Let me know if you're interested. This is still in the thought bubble phase, though I will need to act soon since the start of the season is less than a month away.

11 comments :

  1. I might be interested. I've been looking for ways to rekindle my NBA fandom. I keep waiting for WVU to put someone in the NBA, but it doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon. Keep posted if you think you will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing about the NBA, but I would definitely be interested. I can keep up with fantasy basketball much more than fantasy baseball. IF you start it up, shoot me an email and I'll be in. justinmcleod1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be interested in giving it a go. I have never done any of the fantasy sports before, so hopefully someone could explain to me how it works. On the plus side, I do know a little something about basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo what Matt said. I'd be up for it just as a way to try to stoke the ember that is my NBA fandom these days. He last few years, I really only pay attention once Finals time rolls around. Let me know if it gets off the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be interested as well. I guess it might be a little too early to be discussing this, but I tend to prefer using Assist/Turnover Ratio as opposed to just Turnovers, but I am happy to play either way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in. I used to be a regular when Yahoo started their free fantasy basketball game, but I eventually stopped playing. To get an idea of the timeframe when I last played, I can remember picking up Adonal Foyle and Joe Pryzbilinski for my bench to help out my block shot totals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the responses, everyone. I'm going to set something up soon and will be in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in as well. The friends of mine who do fantasy are all over baseball and football, but they're suddenly too busy when basketball rolls around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think i would like to be in. it's an interesting game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I didn't even end up having to do anything to help drum up interest at all!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.