Friday, November 3, 2017

Blazers in Stickers


They're not real cards, but I put them in binders anyway. 

The new NBA season is upon us, whether we like this or not. I felt the need to seek out new cards from the new season, but was thwarted at every turn. Fortunately, the internet and stickers (a crazy combination!) were there for me. I bought a bunch of 2017-18 Panini NBA sticker packets, guys!


The Blazers stickers are adorned with the new team logo, but the players are pictured in last season's Adidas duds. Damian Lillard is not a dud, so he gets the foil treatment.


It looks like some of the star players get multiple stickers, while a number of players are left out altogether. It's kind of like society. I think there's a foil CJ in addition to this non-foil.


I did get other stickers besides Blazers players, but those are getting filed away for future padded envelopes. By the way, if you do like basketball and like one of those other teams, maybe you should check this out. There are still something like a dozen unclaimed teams.


This is one of these cards stickers that truly makes me cringe as a team collector. I really don't want this, and yet, it will end up in one of my binders. Crummy.

2 comments :

  1. I add cards commemorating the night Kobe lit up the Raptors for 81 points in their collection, so it is nice to know I'm not the only one that adds bad moment cards in their respective team collections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a Trail Blazers fan and yeah those "you're team was swept in the playoff" sticker/cards hurt. Great post. I hadn't seen these yet. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.