Monday, March 4, 2019

Three for Monday


Good things arrive in plain white packages. 

A few envelopes have arrived in the past couple of months, and I have been neglecting to write about them. I thought I'd round them all up in one post right here.

First up was an offering from gcrl of cards as i see them. Newer Cardinals cards and a brand new Damian Lillard insert card were added to my collection.


I've always liked the Lights Camera Action inserts from Panini's NBA Hoops revival. While a lot of cards these days seem to move away from capturing a cool moment in live action sports photography, these aim to feature it.


Super BoSox fan Mark Hoyle sent along this Orlando Cepeda poster from the 1967 Topps set. Yes, insert cards have existed long before I ever started collecting, let alone was born. Of course, people didn't exactly call these things cards. These posters have an old newspaper feel to them, and are roughly four times the size of regular cards. You should be able to see in the scan how they fold to fit in the pack.


New (to me) trader Jason, like gcrl, is a big time Dodgers fan, and he sought to help me out with my 2019 Topps Cardinals. I'm now down to the point where I mostly need inserts and parallels like this 150 Years foil stamped Yadi. Go check out Jason's blog, WNY Dodgers Fan, when you get a chance -- especially if you have any extra Dodgers cards.

4 comments :

  1. Was hoping you didn’t have the Cepeda. These pinups fit nicely in two pocket pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 1967 Topps Poster inserts are fantastic! Love the simple design... and the old newsprint stock. Hoyle hooked me up with a Campaneris back in January. I have it proudly displayed in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet poster! I don't have any of these but am pursuing the 2019 Heritage Altuve. Hard to top an original tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking Lillard. I'm a big fan of the Lights, Camera, Action set as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.