Wednesday, June 5, 2019

A Cardinals Hit!


Another #CrackinWaxMailDay landed me an autograph from one of the game's top prospects. 

I've always been a big fan of minor league cards, but Topps chose to go the hobby-exclusive route when it came to producing cards from the smaller pro teams. This makes sense, of course, because this is a small corner of an already niche hobby. Unfortunately, it just keeps the cards off my radar more than I'd like them to me.

With that in mind, I bought in on a group break slot from Crackin' Wax for the brand new 2019 Topps Pro Debut set. Along with the Cardinals affiliated cards, I also was assigned two random slots. Those turned out to be the Marlins and Tigers, so if there's any interest in base cards for those farm clubs, just let me know.


The big surprise was the Nolan Gorman hit, but I was able to also put together the whole base team set (Cardinals edition) as well. Genesis Cabrera made two starts for the big club recently as Michael Wacha was bumped out of the rotation, but he didn't fare a ton better than his tenured teammate and is back in Memphis.


Here's the base Gorman card. I have a feeling I'm going to get sick of this guy's cards before he ever takes the field with St. Louis, but that's probably okay? At least, I sort of got in on the ground floor! One of my current frustrations is that his presence in every product now is causing break slot prices for my favorite team to be a bit inflated.


Andrew Knizner (KIZZ-nerr) is now up with the big club, backing up Matt Wieters with Yadi on the injured list. He was in this year's Bowman set as well.


Here are some other guys I know significantly less about. Baker was in this year's Bowman set and was in last year's Bowman Draft as well.

I'll probably have to find a Topps Heritage Minor League break to join this year as well, unless that price gets too out of hand.

3 comments :

  1. If you have extras of the base cards, I would be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for setting your extras aside. I will shoot you a message in a day or two with what I can send in return.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.