Monday, March 9, 2020

The Anticipation


Mostly Cardinals, some of the time. 

I've been rewatching the 2006 and 2011 World Series games in anticipation of the coming season. I have some serious questions about the current group, but I'm hoping they can put together one last run for Yadi and Waino, and it's always awesome to remember the championship teams. This is especially true considering that there aren't a lot of titles in my lifetime for the other teams that I follow.

Ray from All Cardinals All The Time have been pretty productive of late in swapping doubles. I thought I'd show off a few from a mailer I got around the beginning of the year.


Here's another group of fabulous minis. In the middle, we see both versions of Allen Craig's 2013 Gypsy Queen offering. In watching the 2011 Series, it's been nice to go back in time and see Craig at the start of his short run as a very productive offensive player.


This one reminds me of spring, and youth! It's the gold plated edition, die cut, baby!


Well, once again I've done an injustice to a foilboard card, thanks to my scanner. That's too bad. Scott Rolen inserts are cool.


I'll end things here with a numbered (to 75!) Chrome Blue Wave Refractor version of ex-closer Trevor Rosenthal's 2016 card. Rosenthal has been through the pro baseball ringer over the past couple of years, but he's looking to (hopefully) find a place in Mike Matheny's Royals bullpen this season. Doesn't that sound a bit strange?

4 comments :

  1. Nothing better than getting rid of duplicates to help another Cardinals fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I'd love to find high quality recordings of the 1989 World Series. If I had them, I'd probably watch them every year in anticipation for the new season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching your team's World Series wins is a great way to get hyped for the new season. And so is a mailer full of cards. The Drew and Rosenthal singles are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that J.D. Drew Fleer Ultra card. They used that photo shoot on a lot of different Fleer cards that year, but they all looked great. The horizontal layout.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.