Thursday, July 31, 2008

Carp Day - Epilogue

Tonight's line: 4 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 67 pitches
All in all, I was happy with just about everything. Carpenter was having trouble with location, but he did a great job at damage control whenever he got into troublesome situations. That is the thing I've missed the most about him taking his turn every 5 days. When he his out on the mound, you can relax. When runners get on, it's no big deal. In his Cardinals career, he has done a masterful job at limiting damage and keeping baserunners from coming across the plate. I had no issues with him being lifted after 4 innings because I think it was important for him to leave on a positive note and definitely not a good idea to push him. His velocity was right where it should be, and the Cards got nice efforts out of the bullpen and the offense to take the game.



I picked up these two cards in a lot off eBay recently along with a Yadier Molina lot and an Anthony Reyes lot (lousy timing) so I could pass along the nice cards to my girlfriend for her birthday. The Carp stuff was just a throw-in for me, and it saved me a good amount on shipping. I really like the jersey card... even moreso tonight since I've taken a picture of it.

By the way, I think I've managed to figure out how to take pictures of baseball cards with my digital camera and not make them incredibly blurry and dark. I may be able to put off that scanner purchase just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.