Wednesday, December 12, 2018

More Goodwill Finds


I bought stuff I didn't need. 

After my interesting binder purchase a few months back, I hit up the local Goodwill again and came home with a couple of boxes. I'm posting about it here in case there are any collectors of this stuff out there.

The '80s football box caught my eye because I am not used to seeing cards from these sets in such good shape. I haven't gone through it all yet, but you can assume that there are no high dollar cards in the bunch. Still, if you're working on any '80s football sets, perhaps a few of these could be of use to you? Predictably, the 1985 cards have more wear and tear than the other sets. There are some 1988 cards as well, but those are less interesting to me.


1994 Bowman's Best was a weird set, where they apparently paired up all of the veteran players.


Prospects get a standalone treatment. This is sort of the opposite of what you see in most sets. I ended up with about half a box of these.


The other half of the baseball box was full of 1990 Leaf. This set is more familiar to me, as I'm sure it is to you. Still, this was a pricey set to collect at one point, so if there's anyone out there missing some 1990 Leaf cards, I may be your guy!

8 comments :

  1. Although I'm not a football guy, that green and white striped border has long been a favorite design of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the market for '85 Topps football, '90 Leaf and '94 Bowman's Best, so we should talk soon. The timing of this is rough, though, because I'm not gonna be able to get to my cards for about a week. I'll email you with my wants for those sets, and if you've got stuff for me, I'll dig in. This way, we can get the other cards into other hands without me blocking off most of what you've got in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on the 1986 Topps football set, but I dont think I have anything (else) to send you in return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice GW finds. 90 Leaf is one of my favorite sets from that time period. Still have my original hand collated set I built back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerry, you are having such luck at Goodwill. I never have any luck at our local Goodwill stores. I would be interested in any Indians or Steelers that may be in the piles. I have some stacks of cards started for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man I've got to get to Goodwill. Those football cards alone would be a great pick up. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're gonna have to start hittin' up that particular Goodwill more often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started my collecting career with 1986 Topps Football. Love the design and great memories for me. Nice find. I need some of these Goodwills near me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.