Thursday, January 28, 2021

Star Gazing and Lumberjacking


The goods from more @flywheels affordable group breaks.

Cardboard Collections has cheap card breaks on the regular and has been doing it for awhile. I've missed out on the last few because of missing notifications, but Colbey does a great job mixing up the boxes that are opened each time and is highly recommended. Here's a few cards I received in his breaks from late last summer/early fall.


Stadium Club was still new at the time, which tells you how long I've been sitting on some of this stuff. I was able to knock off a couple of pesky parallels from my list, including this black foil Goldy.


I know the color doesn't always show up well in the scan, so this is a red foil Paul DeJong. This has great photo quality, as always.


I actually picked up a couple of Eagles slots in breaks, since they were ridiculously cheap and I have been in the middle of putting my Eagles stuff into TCDB. This has to be one of the worst card designs I have ever seen, however.


I ended up with several needs from the 1995 Leaf Limited set, which looks really nice in a scan.


The best card of the bunch, however, was this Albert Pujols jersey/bat combination, which is numbered to just 20. It has to be in my top few (top 3??) acquisitions of 2020. It's very cool.

5 comments :

  1. yeah, that Kevin Turner card is tough to look at. not sure who thought random tickets bordering a card would make a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad your Eagles didn’t get a base card from that Litho-Cel box because those are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Pujols is crazy cool. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First and last, I like the Star Gazing and the Pujols!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Star Gazing is the best looking Prizm baseball card that I've seen to this point!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.