Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Spicy Break Stuff


Some Cardinals on cards from another batch of @Nachos_Grande breaks. 
 
I have yet another pile of cards to sort through courtesy of the Nachos Grande breakers club. If you haven't signed up yet and are a team collector, you should definitely check it out. There's always a good variety of cards available at reasonable prices. I thought I'd show off another ten or so cards from some of the breaks from last spring.


Jack Flaherty was well on his way to competing for a Cy Young Award this year when injuries repeatedly got in his way. He was removed from his most recent start after two innings with a shoulder injury, after recently displaying that he was all the way back from his previous oblique injury. Sports are dumb, etc.


Short prints from the Heritage sets are still a coveted thing. I'm always happy when I get one, especially when it's a Cardinal (because I'll inevitably find myself needing two.)


At first glimpse, this one would seem to be out of place. There's nothing indicating this Ron Gant card belongs in my binders on the front of the card.


On the back, however, there's a team designation and tiny logo to show that Gant was picked up in the offseason by St. Louis. Usually Topps would make more of a deal out of this on the front of the card (there were a lot of "transactions" type subsets in the '90s), but that's not the case with 1996 Topps Gallery. Of course, if I was a Reds collector, I would still hang on to this one.


Speaking of "transactions", here's one from a subset from the 2002 Fleer set showing Jason Isringhausen with his new team. If I'm not mistaken, the 2002 Fleer set just basically dropped the "Tradition" name after it had more or less served as its flagship set for awhile.


I don't remember if 2015 Topps Finest was actually one of the breaks or if this just ended up being an extra card, but I'm appreciative all the same.


This insert from the 2002 Fleer Focus Jersey Edition set is pretty nice looking. It has rounded corners, similar to a credit card.


This Playoff Portraits set makes the recent Topps Gallery sets look like absolute garbage.


Despite what year it says on the front of the card, it's 2021 and Topps is still cranking out Albert Pujols Cardinals cards. I'll never get them all, and that's okay.


Lastly, here's another nice looking insert from the '00s. This one is numbered to 1250. Scott would like you to have a baseball. It's on the house.

2 comments :

  1. Awesome Rolen, love the baseball offering pose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if all the Spirit of the Game players have to offer a baseball to you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.