Saturday, December 24, 2022

'Tis the Season


A little holiday cheer including a special @breakdowncards custom. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays and got lots of fun card-related gifts. I spent my Christmas Eve Eve opening a hobby box of the new Topps Heritage High Number, a rare indulgence that I decided to treat myself with. (Pro tip: hobby boxes of this stuff are so cheap right now that it's a much better deal than buying blasters.) I'm going to be spending the remainder of my night updating my want list for this set.

I did also get a number of packages of cards both big and small to go through yesterday and will get to posting about those in due time.


Gavin from Baseball Card Breakdown did send over this one that seemed best suited to show off this weekend. He sent over other stuff recently, but I'm allowing this one to jump the line. Gavin has put together some pretty fun custom cards over the years, and this one is a little different. It has a plastic overlay so the original Ozzie card is unblemished. I have absolutely no idea how this came to be a white card instead of the standard '91 Fleer yellow -- is it a custom within a custom? I'll just chalk this up to a little Christmas magic. [EDIT: If you really wanna know, check out Too Many V's post on this.]

Happy holidays, everyone! Let me know if you end up with anything cool under your tree or in your stocking.

5 comments :

  1. Your Ozzie might be my favorite of Gavin's 91 Fleer remakes so far. Very cool card.

    Merry Christmas Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Kerry! And yeah, it looks like Gavin really went all out on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the Dwight Gooden, in case anyone's compiling a checklist of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Kerry! That candy cane border is awesome! Gavin did a great job on these customs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Merry Christmas! My kid and I split a Heritage High Numbers blaster in our stockings. Got a Santo All Star insert. The kid didn't say he got anything interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.