Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Free Stuff: Vintage-y Edition


Cards from the '60s and '70s on offer. 
 
I am decommissioning a small binder full of random cards that I've been hanging on to. These are basically cards from pre-1980 which don't fit into any of my collections, but had been hoarding because it was fun to keep a few example of cards from each set over those years. I decided it was time to finally add these to my trading coffers, but before I throw them all up on TCDB, I thought I'd offer them up here, "Free Stuff Friday" style. (Of course, it's not actually Friday.)

The cards are in various conditions -- some have creases and wonky corners. Some don't. Some might be good for your set build, while others might just be a stopgap placeholder. If you want to know any details about any specific card's condition, just let me know. Click the image to enlarge, as usual.

Simple rules:

1. Claim what you want, but if you claim something, I would ask that you at least look at my want lists either on the blog or on TCDB. If you can't find a card that I could need (I definitely have a lot of holes pre-1979), that's fine. Just think about me next time around.
2. I will assign each image a number. Claim in the comments by saying the image number followed by the player name (or more if it's ambiguous.)

The first image is #1. Avila and Chrisley have white backs.
(CLAIMED: Avila, Umbricht, Klippstein, Chrisley, Clevenger, Maas) 

I'll give this a few days until I start putting these up on TCDB.


#2 (CLAIMED: Staley, Howser, Taylor, Raymond, Nicholson, Hunt, Pena)


#3 - (CLAIMED: Bright)

Much more after the jump break!



#4 - (CLAIMED: Monday, McGraw)


#5 - (CLAIMED: ERA leaders)


#6 - (CLAIMED: Nelson, Fosse, Green, Red Sox)


#7 - (CLAIMED: Paul)
The checklist has an indentation and also one filled in bubble on the back.


#8 - (CLAIMED: Richard)


#9 - (CLAIMED: Marichal, Piniella, Pina)


#10 - (CLAIMED: Rojas)


#11 - (CLAIMED: Champion)


#12 - (CLAIMED: Stone, Zahn, Cabell)


#13 - (CLAIMED: Knowles)


#14 - (CLAIMED: Gamble, Kaat, Rivers, Crawford)


#15 - (CLAIMED: Randolph, Madlock)
Madlock is an OPC card.


#16 - (CLAIMED: Rookies SS, Rookies P, Stone #1, Stone #2, Alexander, Patek)
All the '78s are OPC


#17 - (CLAIMED: Kerrigan, Boone, LaGrow, Bando, Garr, wrapper)
Before the wrapper is OPC, after the wrapper is Topps.


#18 - (CLAIMED: Lemongello)


#19 - (CLAIMED: Fuentes)


#20 - (CLAIMED: Meoli, Roberts, Corcoran)


#21 - (CLAIMED: Carlton, Winfield, Eckersley #1)


#22 - (CLAIMED: Evans #1)


#23 - (CLAIMED: Aaron/Maris #1, Nettles, Jenkins, Niekro)


#24 - (CLAIMED: Hunter)


#25


#26 - (CLAIMED: Ellis, Burnside)

22 comments :

  1. Hey Kerry! If still available, can I claim:

    #2 Howser, Pena, and Staley
    #6 Green
    #21 Winfield

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.
    I found an Ertz and a couple other Eagles you don't have listed in your Haves. Nothing spectacular though.

    2 - Claude Raymond
    14 - Oscar Gamble, Mickey Rivers
    23 - Fergie Jenkins
    26 - Pete Burnside

    I guess I should email you my new address.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerry, this is Dave from Cardjunk. Google's not letting me sign in for some reason,

    1 - Klippstein, Maas
    2 - Hunt
    3 - Bright
    6 - Red Sox
    10 - Cookie
    15 - Madlock
    16 - Rookie SS, Rookie Pitchers
    17 - Garr, Wrapper
    26 - Ellis
    I just noticed you have a Bowman Heritage wantlist and i have a big box of it i'd like to get rid of, so this might work out for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All yours! I'm definitely interested in the Bowman Heritage.

      Delete
  4. I would like to claim 1 Neil Chrisley, 4 Rick Monday, 9 Juan Marichal, 14 Jim Crawford, 19 Tito Fuentes, 20 Tim Corcoran, and 23 Aaron/Maris.
    Thanks for having the giveaway. I have a stack I’m working on for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like
    1.1 Avila
    1.2 Umbricht
    2.7 Nicholson
    2.8 Hunt
    9.5 Piniella
    12.5 Cabell
    15.4 Randolph
    17.1-4 I love OPC
    21.4 Eck
    23.4 Nettles
    23.8 Niekro

    I am headed over to TCDB to check your wantlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are all yours except for Hunt, which was previously claimed.

      Delete
  6. Can I claim these? Thank you!
    1
    Clevenger

    6
    Nelson

    16
    4 or 5 Stone
    6 Alexander
    9 Patek

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gonna get picked clean. Hope you get some set fillers for your wantlist in return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny how we just traded, but let's do another!

    #4: McGraw
    #5: E.R.A. leaders
    #6: Ray Fosse
    #11: Billy Champion
    #14: Kaat
    #18: Lemongello
    #21: Carlton
    #22: Evans
    #24: Hunter

    -Oren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing needed, just wanted to say good luck getting some good stuff back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa... free vintage? Very cool and generous. Saw a few cards I could use, but they were already claimed. Thanks for the opportunity though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Kerry, if still available, may I claim the following:

    #7 - Paul
    #8 - Richard
    #9 - Pina
    #12 - Stone, Zahn
    #13 - Knowles
    #16 - Stone #2
    #20 - Meoli, Roberts

    I will take a look at the want lists again although I struck out last time. I thought I had some cards for you but they got lost in the move a few years ago; I'm sure they'll turn up again. Thank you sir!

    ReplyDelete