Monday, May 18, 2009

The Quest for Series 2...


It was a big failure. I set out this past weekend to see if I could find some Topps or Upper Deck Series 2 stuff. Here's what I bought instead:
  • 1 retail pack of 2009 Goudey
  • 3 Target packs of 2009 Topps Heritage
  • 1 pack of 2009 Upper Deck First Edition
  • 1 Fairfield repack box ($9.99) with a rather intriguing 2008 Allen & Ginter pack showing on the front
  • 2 2003 Topps HTA jumbo packs ($2 each) where most of the cards ended up being stuck together
  • 1 hobby pack of 2007-2008 Topps basketball ($1)
  • 3 "grab bags" - team bags full of random baseball cards, each with a Cardinals cards showing on the front (50 cents each)
  • 1 hobby pack of 2009 Bowman ($4)
  • 1 pack of 2002 Upper Deck World Series Heroes ($1)
  • 4 Cardinals cards from the mid-'70s with terrible airbrushing (25 cents each)
  • 6 Blazers cards of ex-Blazers (10-to-25 cents each)
  • ... and one 2008 Upper Deck Ballpark Collection dual jersey card of Albert Pujols and Chris Duncan. I was just thinking to myself the other day that I didn't have a single Pujols jersey card, not that I have many jersey cards at all. I don't think people like to give those up easily for some reason. This one was marked down to $6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.