Tuesday, July 14, 2009

This Time It Counts, Yet Again

There was a fun moment during last night's All-Star festivities where Albert Pujols, Yadier Molina and Ozzie Smith were all together that would have made for a great baseball card in the style of '80s Fleer SuperStar Special cards. Even though most "subset" cards tend to be looked down upon as inferior to a player's regular card, I always loved these Fleer offerings. Some of them are downright silly.

This shot of Wade Boggs and "Hero" is clearly from an All-Star appearance, though probably not during the game itself. Truth be told, I never liked either player on this card, but I still held it in high regard. I should make these cards a regular feature on this blog. It's funny, but I don't think the Boggs mustache would look all that out of place in today's game.

The big game is tonight. I plan on having fun watching Albert Pujols and Yadier Molina. I will be astonished when Ryan Franklin takes the mound. And I'll root like crazy for the National League, because the streak is ending tonight. It has to!

Michael Young had better not ruin it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.