Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More Card Show Goodies

I'm working on getting my living room coffee table cleared of stacks of Cardinals cards, and with that comes a post about some of the stuff I picked up at last month's card show. This will be a short one, as I went way over budget on buying unopened packs and only picked up a small stack of Cardinals goodies. I started off in bargain hunter mode, as I believe this Tino Martinez jersey card was only $1.50, but I soon strayed from my original plan and wounded my bank account.

I'm missing a bunch of 2005 Topps Updates & Highlights cards, but this is no longer one of them. Even if I did already own this card, though, I would have a hard time passing it up. I love what it represents. (Not pictured: Brad Lidge)

Scrounging through someone's 5 cent box, I came up with a couple of well-loved 1975 Topps cards. Reggie's card isn't as badly miscut as it appears here, but it's dedinitely not right.

This one just screams '70s. I have no idea who this guy is, oddly enough, but I like it.

I think this was a $3 pickup, but it's Heritage and it's Wainwright and it's too good to pass up.

You don't see a lot of Starting Lineup loose cards for sale, so I jumped at the chance to get this Brian Jordan card. I also bought a similar Mark McGwire card without realizing it was badly creased. Oops.

Finally, here's another Brian Jordan card, this time on what I can only guess was Pinnacle's answer to Topps Finest with their "peel off" protective skin.

Next month's show is in a few weeks and I'm hoping to focus my efforts a bit this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.