Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tecmo Super Sundays: Week 4

I don't have an HDTV. I'm usually someone that makes fun of the need for new technology, but I've reached a point where it's not as easy to enjoy watching sports on a standard definition television. It also doesn't help that you have to have HD to know what the score is of a baseball game on FOX unless you wait for the commercials. If I had an HDTV, I would be sooooo into NFL Football, but right now I'm sooooo not.

Tecmo Player Rating: 307 (64th percentile)

Billy Joe (aka B.J. in Tecmo) Tolliver, aka the Boy With the Golden Arm has the top passing speed in the game, tied with Dan Marino, but isn't really good at anything else and only has one competent wide receiver.

Games to watch this week:
Seattle @ St. Louis. I could see the loser of this game going on to another lousy season, while the (surprising) winner could take control of this really weak division.
Washington @ Philadelphia. McNabb's return to Philly. I guess I'm supposed to care about this game.

(I have a ridiculous amount of junk wax era football cards. If you're interested in helping me reduce my collection and obtaining some cards from the Tecmo era, please drop me a line.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.