Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Shiny, Blue & Gold


Hey, don't forget to enter the big contest. You know the one. The one I posted about yesterday. Don't know the one? Pretend that it's still Tuesday and you're still at work sipping on your cup of joe and rocking out to some jamstep (or whatever it is that the kids listen to these days) and read that post. Then enter. You've got the rest of the week, in any case. If you can't think of a witty "team name", don't worry - you can change that later. I certainly didn't.


Robert from $30 a Week Habit posted some trade bait stuff recently, mostly of the Topps Update variety, and I couldn't resist. I got some sparkly gold stuff, some not quite as sparkly gold stuff, and some of that sweet, sweet Walmart Blue.


I can't partake in the Blue these days. It's bad for my health. I let others do the dirty work and get that candy to me.


Ugh, okay, I'll drop the charade. I can't go near a Walmart store anytime in the near future because Black Friday was just another reminder of that store's terrible working conditions. I'm going to have to rely on others to get these ridiculously tantalizing parallel cards. I understand that in a large part of this country, Walmarts are the primary (and sometimes only) option for shopping, though. We all have to get our cards where we can, after all. I just feel fortunate that I live somewhere with many shopping options. I only ever set foot in a Walmart store to stake out the little card section, anyway, so it's no great loss.


Of course, this is a perfect pairing of a baby blue throwback uniform and the sort of metallic but not really blue border on the Walmart parallel. Of course!


To top it all off, here's a classy gold framed parallel of Stan the Man from this year's Gypsy Queen set. I just realized that I need a ton of the Cardinal framed cards from this set. I'm not sure why last year's Gypsy Queen set was so much more popular than this year's. I'm guessing it had to do with production numbers?

Thanks again to $30 a Week Habit. (My return portion of the trade should be on its way soon, I swear! Wow, it seems like I say this way too much these days.)

1 comment :

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.