Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Up For Grabs: 2012 Topps Archives


As promised last week, this is the other blaster that I picked up at the card show for the low, low price of $12. I bought only one other pack of this product this year, and I was pretty disappointed. It's something I really wanted to be excited about, and I absolutely love the inserts, but the base cards being on the cheap and lazy white card stock made me think twice about forking over $3.19 a pack. If blasters were always and forever $12 a piece, and if they were as good as this one, I might have changed my tune. Oh well.

This is going to double as an "Up For Grabs" post as well. In breaking with my usual box break format, I am just going to list out the cards. If you need 'em, let me know. There's only a few cards that I will be keeping, and I will note them below.

Pack 1:
100 - Miguel Cabrera
140 - Buster Posey
186 - Brian Wilson


157 - Carlos Gonzalez Gold


222 - John Kruk
147 - Justin Masterson
194 - Gary Carter
35 - Zack Greinke

Pack 2:
26 - Paul Konerko
76 - Victor Martinez
128 - Shin-Soo Choo
180 - David Wright


67S-CG - Carlos Gonzalez '67 Sticker


85 - Matt Holliday - not for trade
137 - Jason Heyward
179 - Michael Bourn

Pack 3:
21 - Jeremy Hellickson
71 - Jimmy Rollins
122 - Dustin Pedroia
172 - James Shields

160 - Eddie Murray Reprint
10 - Ryan Braun
70 - Joey Votto
123 - Ryan Vogelsong
- Topps Pennant Ad (Rangers)

Pack 4:
13 - Mark Teixeira


56R-JC - Johnny Cueto Jersey


- Joey Votto 3-D - not sure if I'm trading this one. I'm trying to decide if I want to go for this set.
173 - Daniel Hudson
11 - Curtis Granderson
58 - Tommy Hanson

Pack 5:
62 - Hanley Ramirez
113 - Ryan Howard
164 - Kevin Youkilis
5 - Freddie Freeman


214 - Mitch Williams
111 - John Axford
162 - Jayson Werth
2 - Nick Swisher

Pack 6:
54 - Jemile Weeks
101 - Adrian Gonzalez
156 - Ubaldo Jimenez
33 - Jon Lester


77C-RJ - Reggie Jackson Cloth
52 - Geovany Soto
102 - Dee Gordon
152 - Johnny Cueto

Pack 7:
83 - Craig Kimbrel
135 - Mike Napoli
184 - Jim Rice


58-KK - Clayton Kershaw / Sandy Koufax Classic Combos


500 - Duke Snider Reprint
18 - Tom Seaver
67 - Justin Verlander
118 - Desmond Jennings

Pack 8:
1 - Matt Kemp
59 - Hunter Pence
112 - Todd Helton
161 - Chase Utley


69DE-15 - Joe Morgan Deckle Edge
169 - Michael Morse
42 - Aroldis Chapman
80 - Troy Tulowitzki - not for trade

Bonus Pack! (I bought this recently. It has a short print.)
90 - Joe Mauer
126 - Rickie Weeks
176 - Eric Hosmer
9 - Brett Gardner
236 - Chili Davis
37 - Jose Valverde
139 - Ivan Nova
87 - Clay Buchholz

[updated 12/24/12]

6 comments :

  1. dude - let's make a trade. of course i want the 'k' boys, kershaw and koufax.

    i'm also interested in the pictured eddie murray and reggie cards.

    i'll shoot you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll claim the Snider archive let's reprint this card a zillion times so you don't know which set it came from card.

    And I agree on everything you said about Archives. I'm even meh on the inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the Chili Davis is still available please add it to my tab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed seeing the mix of players old & new in the various designs. I didn't understand the high price point either, though - particularly when you consider the card stock. Card stock isn't the most important attribute for me, but there is definitely something attractive about the Heritage stock that I think would have worked quite well with Archives.

    That being said, I am still chasing this set and would love to swap you for some of the base cards you pulled. I'll drop you an email with a list and hopefully we can pull something together.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Ryan's Pitch

    www.ryanspitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to lay claim on Cargo Foil and the Cuteo relic. I think a few weeks ago we were trying to work up another trade. I'll email you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could I lay claim on the Braves, to add to my stack? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.