Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Something For Every Part of My Collection


Still cleaning up the August trade stacks.

I've traded with Brian C, a member in good standing of the Guilt Free Basketball Card Club, a number of times now. When I ended up with the Pirates as my extra team in a group break this summer, I decided to dump those cards on him. In exchange I got some goodies from all reaches of my collection, like this John Axford 2013 Topps Heritage card. Now, I'm not saying that I'm starting an Axford player collection because he's a Cardinal all of a sudden, but I did need his Heritage card for my Heritage set.


Here's a shiny gold Chris Carpenter card. There will always be places for these things in my collection, even now that Carp is hanging it up. Sorry, I know you all were big fans and all, but he's all but made it official that he's pitched his last game.


I still probably need a bunch of these Chasing History cards. Now that Update is out, there are undoubtedly even more to collect, along with paralleled versions of each.


Brian even went Blazers on me and delivered me this 2009-10 Travis Outlaw Panini card that is apparently some sort of glossy parallel. That means I have a bunch more of this team set to track down, too. Stupid gloss.


Robin Lopez just joined up with the Blazers to be their starting center, at least until Meyers Leonard or another player from the future develops into the position. I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach. I don't have a Sideshow Rob collection going, either, but I am collecting this fun/weird basketball tribute to baseball's 1984 Donruss.

Brian also sent over a Ducks card, but as is my usual process, I'm going to save it for a gameday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.