Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A Kitchen Sink Trade


As in, everything but the... 

Long time reader and Tribe supporter Tim and I exchanged some cards this past month, and my end of the deal netted me stuff from all corners of my collection. It's not always easy finding Ozzie Smith cards that I need (at least not outrageously expensive ones), but good people like Tim seem to keep doing it. Perhaps that seemingly endless '90s pipeline will never dry up.


Here's an Altuve for Erin from the 2016 Topps BUNT set. Yes, you have to capitalize BUNT, you see. Otherwise, no one would know what I was talking about.


I'm a stealth Eagles collector, even though I don't really talk about it here. I don't even really have an idea of what to do with the cards I accumulate. They all go into a box for now, although my Randall Cunningham cards will at least get their own time to shine at some point.


This one ticks the "player collection, non-Cardinals division" box. It's crazy to think a sports highlights show on ESPN was once considered appointment television, but for a time it really was.


Ah yes, vintage stock. Quite lovely, really. Oh, I'm not talking about any rare high ABV beers that I'm cellaring. This is just a Mike Leake card, numbered to 99, with the kind of card stock that would get me to collect the flagship set if they ever switched to it full time.


It's always great to see an LMJ card. He helped take Ducks football to a whole new level.


Speaking of endless supplies of things, is there a light at the end of the tunnel of Mark McGwire insert cards? Big Mac supercollectors have probably been featured on that Hoarders TV show. This is a nice one, though, with the always classy Chromium finish.

3 comments :

  1. Glad you enjoyed the cards as I did the ones from you. I will keep an eye out for more cards for your various collections, and looking forward to our next trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked those Big Show inserts a lot back in the day. So many gems in Collector's Choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fact, I named my fantasy team from that appointment tv program from ESPN.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.