Thursday, September 20, 2018

A Big Box of Bo Cards

 
@BoRosny, not Bo Jackson. 

Right before the big blog anniversary group break, long time blogger Bo of Baseball Cards Come To Life! contacted me about trade involving a vintage project he had going. I cobbled together what I could, vintage-wise, and made sure Bo had a sizable package coming back in the group break. The sheer volume of what I got back was crazy, though!


Check these stacks of (mostly) '00s set building fodder! Great stuff. I don't see a lot of cards from these sets in trade packages anymore, now that there's more than a decade between these sets and the present day.

Let's look back into the past at some of these.


Ooh, a Bowman exclusive rookie card? What does that even mean? Tell me, Omar Infante!


Here's Jason Isringhausen, not long before he became the Cardinals closer for the mid-'00s years.


It's FOX broadcaster Eric Karros. Karros was coming up right when my interest in cards was dying out.


It's Tim Raines... Jr? Huh.


Besides the wonderfully black & white 2001 Bowman Heritage set, there were cards from other sets. Like this guy. Bear Bay is the name. Baseball on the sun is his game.


2002 Bowman Heritage brought us the weird signature box, but The Big Hurt isn't fazed about it.


1953 Topps is such a nice design.


Hey, it's the recently deposed Cardinals skipper in a Giants uniform!


Speaking of Cardinals, Bo included a healthy share of Cardinals for my team collecting needs (aka the biggest needs). It doesn't appear that I had a first year (2006) Allen Craig card in my collection, so this is certainly cool.


Speaking of cool, I am always pleased to add another Jim Edmonds card to my collection. And yet, I need so much more!


I always thought @ithrow88 was one of the best Twitter names.


One thing I have discovered in trying to figure out what was going on with cards in the long period of time where I didn't care about cards is that Tino Martinez had a lot of Cardinals cards. That surprises me, for some reason.


We end with a Finest card, which was in its 9th year at this point. Did they still have the protective coating for this set? I always want to peel that stuff off, but I don't for some reason.

1 comment :

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.