Tuesday, August 13, 2024

International Card Exchange


Another cluster of cards from a Canadian friend. 
 
It's been a bit. Let's check out some more sports cards from a variety of sports! This latest batch comes from Sportscards from the Dollar Store, which I received back in May according to my very sophisticated system of records.


Chase Davis was the Cardinals first round pick last season (21st overall) and was recently promoted to High A ball. This little die-cut parallel card is from last year's Panini Elite Extra Edition set and is numbered to just 200. I'm slowly warming up to (some of) Panini's draft-style sets, although there's still a long way to go before I'll be actively seeking them out. I do really appreciate when people send me these types of cards as they can be hard to keep track of.


A huge chunk of the package was dedicated to my 2024 Topps Heritage needs. Buckstorecards was one of the big reasons why I was able to finish off the (low series, non-SP) base set earlier than usual this year.


It is almost football season already. Can you believe that? In less than a few weeks I'll be yammering on in this space again about the Ducks, so it's probably best that I find some more non-football content to post up throughout the rest of the summer and the fall.


Jeff Maehl was a converted defensive back and fan favorite in his time at UO.


I really wish that Upper Deck was still involved in making college football cards, because I tend to like them a lot more than other stuff that's out there these days. There are way too many fledgling companies involved now to keep track of, and checklist data can be unreliable at best, provided that you can find anything.


I definitely tune out the entirety of the NFL preseason, but will be paying attention to the Eagles again once that second weekend in September comes around. D'Andre Swift had a nice run for the Eagles but turned out to be one-and-done in Philly. (This is a silver Prizm parallel, by the way.)


Of course, it wouldn't be a proper Canadian card package without a little bit of the puck-and-ice (stick-and-puck?) This looks to be a card the player signed in person or sent through the mail. Fabbri has been with the Red Wings for several years, but played for the Blues back in the late 2010's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.