Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trading with Brian from PA


Reader Brian responded to my post about Post Cereal cards on A Pack A Day a couple of weeks back. It turned out that the three cards I got in the pack I posted about were the only three he needed to complete a set. He responded to my vague trade request with these cards. First off was a 2008 Upper Deck A Piece of History Chris Carpenter. This is one of many sets where there's virtually no chance of me ever buying packs unless they end up in the $1.59 bargain bin at Target or somewhere similar, so it was nice to get this one.


1994 Flair Bob Tewksbury - Flair, if I'm not mistaken, was Fleer's answer to Topps Finest, both of which first came out around the time that I stopped caring. At least this set doesn't have those silly UV coating protective layers that you can peel away if you're daring enough. Tewksbury was a favorite of mine as he was also a Yankee when I was even younger and he's posted some pretty remarkable stats and never got the accolades for it. Maybe it was his dismal K:BB ratio (or maybe it was the lousy teams he played for...)

1993 Select Ozzie Smith - I always liked this set, but I can't really say why exactly. I already have this one in my Ozzie collection, and I feel like I should post my list of Ozzie extras at some point in case anyone out there collects him or is just interested in some dirt cheap cards of a nifty Hall of Famer.

2007 Topps Cardinals Team Card - Ladies and gentlemen, your 2006 MLB Champions. You can't go wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.