Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Catching Up

I'm in a good mood tonight. It's funny how a Blazers win will do that to me. I've also given up on trying to write these blog posts as if it were the day that my readers are likely to read the post rather than the day it currently is for me. Right now, it is 12:25 AM PST and I still consider it Tuesday until I go to sleep. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

I made another trade with Chris awhile back. There's a few Chris's out there, but this was my second trade with this particular Chris. I know a number of you have traded with him and I have to say that I highly recommend him. He has a very comprehensive want list and trade list, which makes it really easy to set something up. Even better, he started up a Wiki for baseball cards. We can always use more and better resources, especially ones that are free.

I have a dilemma that remains unresolved about the 2009 Topps 206 set. I acquired a bunch of these, basically the contents of a hobby box minus all of what the box purchaser considered "good cards" and it would make a really nice start to building a set. The problem is, I don't know if I have the time or the cash to every get it going. I haven't bought a single pack of this stuff, mostly due to the money and abundance of other things that I wanted, so the set itself has yet to really endear itself to me. Still, I will go after all of the Cardinals (cross Pujols off my list) and I'm sure I can figure out what to do with the rest of the cards later.

This is probably the best card of the lot, at least for my purposes. It's a much-needed short print from the set that will never die. Of course, this goes straight into my Cardinals collection so the card remains on my list for the actual set.

This is just a gorgeous looking card, foil and all. I wonder if the rest of the cards in this set look this nice. This is from an Upper Deck All-Star Classics set, circa 2005.

The card says it all. I don't even have to explain this one. Pujols has missed the past couple of days of spring training due to a cranky back. Let's just hope that's all it is. With my favorite teams' luck this past year with injuries (see: Portland Trail Blazers) and general idiocy (see: Oregon Ducks football), I could really use a nice drama free year out of the Redbirds. I do know that I'm ready for spring training to be over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.