Monday, October 21, 2013

Trading with Swing and a Pop-Up


Trades, trades, what do they mean?

We just recently celebrated the 8 year anniversary of Lidge vs. Pujols (somewhere Andy Pettitte is still saying "oh my God!") I've seen highlights of Albert's big blast off of the Astros reliever in the 2005 NLCS so many times, and it's been made into countless GIFs, but it wasn't until recently that I had gotten a full look at the HD version of that moment captured in time. One of the best things about that shot is that Brad Ausmus is looking back at the umpire, calling for another baseball. That one isn't coming back.


My Brad Ausmus moment in time comes courtesy of Swing and a Pop-Up, who sent me some cards to fill a few want list needs awhile back. (I've been seriously deliquent on my end of the deal, but that package was mailed out last Friday, I swear!) There will probably come a time where I will need to hit up some website like sportlots to fill out the rest of some of these cheaper sets, but for now I'm still enjoying the cards that trickle in.


I received some Cardinals, too. This card had eluded me for a long time. I was having a hard time keeping track of which 1983 Topps Super Veteran cards that I needed, but now I think I finally have them all. Maybe.


I have pretty much no recollection of Tracy Woodson as a baseball player, which is troubling because he played for the Cardinals when I was still in high school (and therefore, still collecting cards.) The Joe Torre years were just that forgettable, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.