Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy


Can I buy some time from someone?

Tribecards had a busy summer. That's probably the understatement of the year. Over the course of the past baseball season, the very generous David busted at least a pack every day of the week (often more than that) and has been working through a very complicated distribution system to send them all to his loyal readers for free. To top things off, he also found time to host a group break, and I thought I'd do the honors of showing off a few of the cards I received in that break.


John Gall didn't make much of an impact on the big leagues, but I imagine he did win at least some shares of the World Series pot for his 12 total ABs that he logged during 2006. His name I remember...


But who the heck is Evan Rust? Hardly the "Top of the Class" that Upper Deck purports him to be, Rust apparently was an undrafted free agent that Tampa Bay sent to St. Louis in the Tino Martinez trade. Actually, he basically was the guy that the Cards got for Tino, a former World Series hero. Martinez would go on to have a productive season for the struggling Devil Rays before returning to New York for his last hurrah. As for Rust, he reached the AAA level in 2005, got hurt and disappeared from the face of the earth.


AHHHH! WHERE ARE TODD'S EYES? I might have the entire 1992 Leaf team set at this point, but there's still an unaccounted for period of time in my Cardinals want list where this set falls. I should work on that soon. I got a fat stack of Cardinals that also included the Donovan Osborne Gold Leaf Rookie that adorns the top of this post. Those suckers were tough to pull back in the day, at least when you were trying for a certain player. By the way, I did receive a healthy stack of cards of players that play for other teams in the break, but those are going to be filed away in my expendable collection and various trade stacks.


Here's the big winner of the lot, a Yadi purple refractor thing. Purple refractors look great for some reason. I don't think I would be terribly interested in an all-purple set, but these are just rare enough to look nice when I happen to run across them. I don't think I'd feel the same way about a pink card if I ever happened upon one, though.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.