Monday, August 18, 2014

Ozzie #503 Comes to the 503


Another Listia win becomes one of my lower numbered Wizard cards.

At this point, I'd probably make a better player collector than a team collector. It's much easier to rationalize a single card pickup here and there, but I've always had a hard time with buying singles because the thrill factor isn't really there for me. I like the sense of randomness. I like looking at groups of cards rather than one or two. I don't want to keep most of those cards, but it's fun to go through them and critique the photos and look at the words and numbers on the back.


Even though I hadn't bought any cards in bulk (until yesterday! spoilers!) all summer, I've been sticking by Listia (and to a lesser extent, COMC) as an outlet to pick up a few interesting things. I snagged this sepia mini, numbered 25 of 50, by using the "get it now" option. I wouldn't say that I scored a major deal exactly, but I had the credits and typically have some stiff competition for Cardinals cards on that site. This one is mine, though. You can't have it.

1 comment :

  1. Nice. I've sort of lost interest in Listia myself, although you never had any competition from me for Cardinals cards.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.