Thursday, May 7, 2015

This Week in Plain White Enveloping


Just kidding, these are from March.

I don't receive a lot of small little letter-sized envelopes containing baseball cards unless they're from Listia these days, but occasionally it happens. As I'm still catching up with things sent to me from months ago, I thought I'd show off a few cards that arrived in the smallest of packages.


Angels fan Jeff from One Man's Junk (Wax) sent over this solitary gold style insert of Big City. Due to some recent successes of one Mark Reynolds, along with the fact that Adams has proved to be less than lethal so far against like-handed pitchers, the playing time of a certain burly southpaw first baseman has waned of late.


Quirk! Quirk quirk! Quirk!!


Dodgers fanatic GCRL sent over a stack of cards, just small enough to avoid the ire of the USPS. Tony Cruz is vastly under-represented in my Cardinals collection for a guy who has held down a steady roster spot for going on five years now. It could be because he barely has any baseball cards, because... yeah, that's totally true. Such is the life of the career backup catcher.


I really wish this was an exciting rookie-style card of a future MLB star. I'm glad I have this now, but ugh.


High profile group breaker Crackin' Wax has a pretty straight-forward program that allows pretty much anyone to snag a few free cards for very little work. I've taken advantage of it a few times. This time around, I grabbed a few cards from the new Topps Heritage set along with a 2013 Allen & Ginter Eddie Murray mini. Adam LaRoche is a little pensive about showing off the grey in his beard.

1 comment :

  1. Ooh, high profile! Nice. Hope you're enjoying ol' grey beard! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.