Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Talkin' 'Bout Thames


Step right up and get a piece of the latest sensation. 

As many of us have probably done recently, I dug through my boxes of cards that don't fit my collection to see if I could dig up any Eric Thames cards. After spending a few years in Korean pro ball, the former Blue Jays draft pick is back in the States and tearing up MLB pitching. Though I'm sure his cards have limited prospects as he's 30 years old at this point, there is a little bit of curiosity out there about the guy now anchoring the Brewers lineup.


Given that his rookie card appears in the same set as Mike Trout, the supply could be a little bit depressed with all of the hoarders out there hanging on to unopened 2011 Topps Update stuff (or at least demanding ridiculous prices for it). Along with the usual parallels and an array of 2011 Bowman releases from his rookie year, he also has some base cards in 2012, of which I located two.


I honestly thought I had a lot more Eric Thames cards, but it's probably because I never fully realized that he and Marcus Thames were different players. Oops. The pronunciation should have been a dead giveaway.

Here are some cards from the Thames Era that I do actually need.

1 comment :

  1. Yep, I did the same. Found exactly 1 Topps 2011, and 1 Topps 2012. Thought for sure I'd have more.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.