Thursday, October 26, 2017

I Missed One


Somehow, my eyes failed me. 

In my review of my Topps Update Cardinals bounty last night, I completely missed a card that turned out to be a fairly significant one. This, of course, is a gold parallel of new Cardinals slugger Luke Voit. It's hard to tell what kind of role Voit will have on the team going forward, especially with the team expected to make some offensive upgrades at certain positions that were lacking. But he definitely filled the role of intimidating pinch hitter well, so if anything there may at least be a spot on the bench for him.


If you look really hard, you can see the serial number! In fact, that's how I spotted this card today in the first place. I didn't even notice the gold on the front. I used to love the gold parallels in the Topps flagship product, but they've become much less, well, gold in recent years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.