Monday, January 22, 2018

The Allen & Ginter Motherlode


@cardboardhabit helps me build a set the laziest way possible. 

Allen & Ginter is a popular set every year, at least with the blogging crew. For that reason, I can always count on someone having a ton of available extras to help me out. This time, Cardboard Habit came through with a massive assortment of cards from the set I should have dug a little deeper into this past year. Maybe 2018 will be the year I actually manage to collect something on my own?


I can't even explain the sheer volume of cards I received. It was larger than any reasonable person could cram inside a padded envelope. Along with Adam Wainwright, I scanned all of the Cardinals that are heading to my Cardinals binders -- which means I need another copy of these.


As you can see, there were heaps of minis. I do like minis. Everyone should like minis. This group includes the recently departed (to the A's, not to the afterlife) Stephen Piscotty.


Of course, the Ginter bounty was full of non-Cardinals representation. I just selected a few to scan. Let's face it, you've seen a lot of these cards before elsewhere.


Unsigned Free Agent Alert! Unsigned Free Agent Alert!


Was Young MC even in this set? Please tell me he was.


She looks a little sneaky. Better keep an eye on her.


Would you allow yourself to be examined by this sketchy device? I'm sure this came with zero health concerns whatsoever.

Now, excuse me while I get back to sorting. This was quite an impressive stack of cards.

1 comment :

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.