Saturday, January 6, 2018

Another Contest Update and a Quick Trade Post


Don't forget to make your picks for the championship game! 

Well, it was quite a New Year's weekend in the college football ranks. Unfortunately, I spent the entire big day traveling, so I didn't see either of the playoff games. I'm a bit bummed that Oklahoma did not win, even though Baker Mayfield is kind of insufferable. I was hoping to have someone to root for in the title game, as Erin's family has OU ties and I basically can't stand the SEC.

As we stand now, it's down to three competitors for the top contest prize: Anaconda37, redemptioncousin and Mr. Haverkamp. Meanwhile, the sadness prize is a toss-up between defgav and ketchupman36. (If Gavin takes this, his prize could conceivably be a lukewarm Subway sandwich...)

Meanwhile, Trevor from the Bump and Run Football Card Blog is sitting in the middle of the pack in the contest, and I figured this was as good of a time as any to show off some cards he sent me.


Here's rookie year B-Roy, wearing the last actually good red Blazers jersey. As much as I disliked the redesigned red jerseys the Blazers wore in the Adidas era as recently as last season, this year's Nike reds are just murder on the eyeballs.


I have little recollection of LeGarrette Blount as a Tampa Bay Buccaneer, for whatever reason, despite a stellar rookie season. This card is apparently part of some sort of Topps redemption promo, but it's great because I don't feel like I have a ton of rookie year Blount cards in my Ducks collection.


Speaking of Ducks, Marcus Mariota has a big playoff game today. He's taken his lumps this year, but I am hoping he finds a way to get it done. (I also kind of like the Chiefs, and wish that the few NFL teams I actually don't hate wouldn't find a way to have to play each other in an elimination game, but I don't make the rules.)


Despite being my so-called favorite pro team, I haven't talked much about the Eagles remarkable season this year. It was, admittedly, a huge bummer to lose Carson Wentz to an ACL injury just as the MVP trophy was being prepped for engraving. Oh well. The Eagles are usually good, and they certainly aren't the Browns, but I am hoping they will make it back to the Super Bowl at some point even if this isn't their year. Malcolm Jenkins has been a huge part of their on field success, so it was cool to get this holofoil card of his.


Like many posts around here, I'll end this with a Yadi - who is walking in a winter wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.