Saturday, April 21, 2018

Card Show Odds 'n Sods


The odd stuff. 

The monthly card show was a week ago, but I'm finally getting the chance to sort through some of the stuff I bought. I was even in more of hurry than usual, spending the bulk of my time at just one table that had several boxes of what could be considered mostly "oddballs" for a dime a piece. I am still kicking myself for not trying to make an offer on the contents of a box from another table where everything was just two cents, but I am just not great at haggling. Plus, I think Erin would have killed me for bringing even more cards home than is absolutely necessary to keep this racket going.

Oh well, maybe next time.


I am just showing a few of the ten cent offerings, like this serial numbered Nat Borchers card from a few years ago. I rarely buy Portland Timbers stuff, but Borchers is a happy reminder of the team's MLB Cup win. Plus, the price was more than right.


One of these days, I will get my Randall Cunningham collection (aka P.C.) off to a proper start. None of my football cards are sorted in any way, as the sport continues to take a backseat... a way backseat... like those seats in an old station wagon that faced the rear of the car... to the other sports that are more interesting to me. Still, Randall is awesome, and always will be awesome -- even in other uniforms (excluding the Cowboys, of course.)


This is the ultimate oddball card. I like everything about this.


Going all the way back to the year this blog was introduced to the world, there were even a handful of 2008 Stadium Club 1st Day Issue cards in one of the boxes. These were the hobby versions, which were thicker than the normal cards and actually numbered. Topps really screwed up this set and wouldn't bring it back out of hiding for another 6 years. Still, it was nice to get another serial numbered Matt Holliday card for my collection for the price of practically nothing.

2 comments :

  1. I'm in the middle of writing a post on the A1 set. It will probably be posted tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. King B made football discs? Gotta see who's on that checklist. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.