Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Guilt-Free Basketball Card Club (GFBCC) Wants You!


The GFBCC has relaunched! Get basketball cards in your mail for little to no effort... guilt-free!  UPDATED 07/10/2020

This is the sign-up page for the Guilt-Free Basketball Card Club. Dreamy Ed O'Bannon* wants you to join the club! It's free(ish) and guilt-free!

How to Sign Up: Send me an email, direct message on Twitter or reply in the comments to this post. Make sure to include your current mailing address!

What to Do After Signing Up: Wait for cards to show up. Occasionally keep my want lists in consideration (PC / Teams / Sets) when you have some extra cards, especially if you haven't sent me anything in awhile.

Here's a link to the old club page. There are no real rules, and multiple people can claim multiple teams/players. If you only collect guys named Ed, that's cool, too!


Current Teams:

  • Atlanta Hawks - CardJunk
  • Boston Celtics - Mark H
  • Brooklyn Nets - Billy K (Cardboard History)
  • Charlotte Hornets - flywheels (Cardboard Collections)
  • Chicago Bulls - Jafronius
  • Cleveland Cavaliers - Tim H
  • Dallas Mavericks
  • Denver Nuggets - garyoh2020
  • Detroit Pistons
  • Golden State Warriors - Billy K (Cardboard History)
  • Houston Rockets - RAZ (The Raz Card Blog)
  • Indiana Pacers
  • Los Angeles Clippers
  • Los Angeles Lakers - Jafronius
  • Memphis Grizzlies
  • Miami Heat - garyoh2020
  • Milwaukee Bucks - Chris (The Collector), ToddSteb
  • Minnesota Timberwolves - Randy S
  • New Orleans Pelicans
  • New York Knicks - Billy K (Cardboard History), The Lost Collector
  • Oklahoma City Thunder
  • Orlando Magic
  • Philadelphia 76ers
  • Phoenix Suns - garyoh2020
  • Portland Trail Blazers - Bulldog (Nothing If Not Random), @jmswyo
  • Sacramento Kings - Rosenort (Condition Sensitive)
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Toronto Raptors
  • Utah Jazz
  • Washington Wizards - CaptKirk42

Former (Relocated) Teams:
  • TBD
College Alumni: 
  • Illinois - Jafronius
  • NC State - flywheels (Cardboard Collections)

Specific Players:
  • Kareem Abdul-Jabbar - defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • Ray Allen - ToddSteb
  • Mo Bamba - KO Rob
  • Muggsy Bogues - RAZ (The Raz Card Blog), KO Rob
  • Bol Bol - defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • Manute Bol - RAZ (The Raz Card Blog), KO Rob, defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • Earl Boykins - KO Rob
  • Shawn Bradley - KO Rob
  • Elton Brand - Billy K (Cardboard History)
  • Michael Cage - KO Rob
  • Marcus Camby - KO Rob
  • Clint Capela - KO Rob
  • Jevon Carter - Bob Walk the Plank
  • Vince Carter - Tim B (I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning)
  • Wilt Chamberlain - defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • Tyson Chandler - KO Rob
  • Andre Drummond - KO Rob
  • Tim Duncan - defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • Mark Eaton - KO Rob
  • Julius Erving - defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • Kenneth Faried - KO Rob
  • Michael Finley - ToddSteb
  • Kevin Garnett - ToddSteb
  • Rudy Gobert - KO Rob
  • Anfernee Hardaway - Tim B (I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning)
  • Allan Houston - Sport Card Collectors
  • LeBron James - Tim H
  • T.J. Leaf - defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • Larry Johnson - ToddSteb
  • DeAndre Jordan - KO Rob
  • Michael Jordan - Jafronius
  • Andrei Kirilenko - KO Rob
  • Damian Lillard - defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • Danny Manning - KO Rob
  • Donyell Marshall - KO Rob
  • Eric Murdock - KO Rob
  • Gheorghe Muresan - RAZ (The Raz Card Blog)
  • Dikembe Mutombo - KO Rob, defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • Dirk Nowitzki - Tim B (I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning), defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • Charles Oakley - KO Rob
  • Hakeem Olajuwon - Chris (The Collector)
  • Shaquille O'Neal - Tim B (I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning)
  • Gary Payton - Tim B (I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning)
  • Scottie Pippen - Jafronius
  • Steve Nash - Chris (The Collector)
  • Theo Ratliff - KO Rob
  • Dennis Rodman - KO Rob
  • Bill Russell - defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • Dennis Smith Jr. - Tim B (I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning)
  • Larry Smith - KO Rob
  • John Starks - Sport Card Collectors
  • Ben Wallace - KO Rob
  • Bill Walton - defgav (Baseball Card Breakdown)
  • T.J. Warren - Tim B (I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning)
  • Spud Webb - RAZ (The Raz Card Blog), KO Rob
  • Buck Williams - KO Rob
  • Jayson Williams - KO Rob
  • Kevin Willis - KO Rob
  • Serge Zwikker - Tim B (I Love the Smell of Cardboard in the Morning)
Other Requests:
  • 1990's EX2000, 1990's SPx, 1995-1999 inserts - Sport Card Collectors

* Incidentally, Soft Focus Ed O'Bannon wants you also to know that he will one day be responsible for collegiate athletes getting compensated for their likenesses in video games... and, tragically, the complete demise of college video games.

16 comments :

  1. Can I claim the Milwaukee Bucks, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Steve Nash? I will send you an e-mail. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to reclaim the Nets and Warriors, add the Knicks if possible, and lay claim to any Elton Brand cards you may find. I have been more on hockey than NBA lately but I am saving all Blazers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to claim the Cleveland Cavaliers and Lebron James cards in any uniform he has played in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent you an email with my address. Thanks foepr doing this giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Billy claimed the Knicks, but if you end up with Knicks dupes, I’m always down for some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Milwaukee Bucks, Larry Johnson, Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett,and Michael Finley. My address is W2118 Daisy Lane Brillion, WI 54110

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be in for the Kings again

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Houston Rockets. Platonically, not romantically. I also specifically collect Gheorghe Muresan, Manute Bol, Spud Webb, and Muggsy Bogues. And I probably owe you a package.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I updated the list based on your comments. Keep in mind that there's not a one-person-per-team policy or anything like that. Spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for signing me up. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again for this! In addition to Mo Bamba and Clint Capela, another subset of guys I collect but always forget to mention are undersized guards. So if you can add Muggsey Bogues, Spud Webb, and Earl Boykins to my player collections list, along with the guys I mentioned in on the old sign-up page: Deandre Jordan, Rudy Gobert, Andre Drummond, Kenneth Faried, Tyson Chandler, Andrei Kirilienko, Ben Wallace, Eric Murdock, Theo Ratliff, Michael Cage, Kevin Willis, Manute Bol, Dikembe Mutombo, Larry Smith, Charles Oakley, Buck Williams, Dennis Rodman, Mark Eaton, Shawn Bradley, Marcus Camby, Danny Manning, Donyell Marshall, Jayson Williams.

    I've got a stack of Blazers and Cardinals coming your way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be interested in 90's base for EX2000 series or Spx. I would also take any Allan Houston and John Starks. And inserts from 95-99

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was in the old group with the Wizards. Would like to be back in this one. Got to see what Blazers I have to send your way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charlotte Hornets for me. No real PC, but I collect NC State alumni

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’d be interested in any Boston Celtics. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like any Dener Nuggets,Miami Heat,and Phoenix Suns that you have.Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.