Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Dropping Dimes


Vintage and modern goodies from @dimeboxman for your perusal. 

For anyone who wonders what kind of order I follow when I post about card packages I receive, you can just stop. I can't seem to follow any particular order. Here's a fun bunch from Dime Boxes that came to me way back in November.


Nick knocked out a huge chunk of the 2018 Topps Update team set. Dominic Leone wasn't much of a factor last season, but he seems to have a bigger role in the bullpen this time around.


Here is pretty much your only look at Tyson Ross as a Cardinal, and it's horribly Photoshopped. The color is way off and there's no uniform number visible on the front. Update used to be a safe haven from the Photoshop Beast, but that is no longer the case.


Nick also sent a nice chunk of this Pacific McDonald's set that commemorated the Cardinals centennial season back in 1992.


Those pesky mid-'90s parallels are always a welcome addition to my collection. I still haven't figured out what Pappas is eating here.


This is my first, shall I say, premium Terry Pendleton card. It's a rainbow foil card numbered to 25(!!). Wow, it's very nice.


Not all of the cards were Cardinals cards. There was a good stack of 2018 Topps Heritage High Series needs. Let's pretend I didn't mess up the scan on this one. Shane Greene has a bunch of saves already, which makes me regret not drafting him for my fantasy team.


I also ended up with a whole 9-pocket page's worth of very much loved '60s and late '50s cards. These are great and will look good in my binders when they're sitting next to the shiny punks that dominate today's cards.


Someone used Ellis Burton as a coaster. Poor Ellis.

Thanks again to Nick!

5 comments :

  1. Looks to me like Pappas is eating a fruit salad with melon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think Bo is right. Looks like a piece of cantaloupe to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Hernandez and Pendleton cards. I wouldn't have noticed that photoshopping. Good catch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed everything! I've looked long and hard at that Pappas and I too couldn't figure out what he was consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised Shane has had anything to save. Great Pappas from the 90s. From the beginning, Stadium Club has been special.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.